Operating Statistics - 2014
4. Easier Access
The TTC is committed to improving access to the conventional system for all its customers. The TTC is everyone’s transit system. In 2014, the TTC introduced the first three of its next-generation, accessible streetcars into revenue service.
The entire TTC bus fleet is accessible with kneeling buses equipped with a flip-ramp or lift; 93 per cent of the fleet is of a low-floor design. All accessible buses are identified by blue lights on either side of the front destination sign, and the blue international wheelchair symbol displayed above the front right bumper next to the entrance door. All buses include 2 wheelchair/scooter positions.
Number of fully accessible T-1 subway cars (370) and Toronto Rocket (TR) subway cars (354). Each T-1 car has 1 multi-purpose area; each TR car has 2 multi-purpose areas. T-1 trains run on all three subway lines: B-D, Y-U-S and Sheppard; TR trains run on the Y-U-S line only. All Subway/RT cars can be boarded by people using wheelchairs, scooters or other mobility devices.
Number of accessible bus routes, which includes 22 Blue Night routes and 5 Community Bus routes. These routes are served by kneeling buses equipped with a flip-ramp or lift. All TTC bus routes are wheelchair and scooter friendly.
Number of accessible subway stations, which are equipped with elevators that make travel easier for people using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, other mobility devices or baby strollers. These stations are:
- Line 1 Yonge-University: Downsview, Lawrence West*, Eglinton West, St George, Queen’s Park, Osgoode, St Andrew, Union, Queen, Dundas, Bloor-Yonge, St Clair, Davisville, Eglinton, York Mills, Sheppard-Yonge, North York Centre, Finch
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Kipling, Jane, Dundas West, Dufferin*, Bathurst, Spadina, St George, Bloor-Yonge, Broadview, Pape, Main Street, Victoria Park, Kennedy
- Line 3 Sheppard: Sheppard-Yonge, Bayview, Bessarion, Leslie, Don Mills
- Line 4 Scarborough: Kennedy, Scarborough Centre
Note: Subway interchanges counted once.
*Dufferin Station elevators (3) entered service on Nov. 24, 2014. Lawrence West elevator (1) entered service on Dec. 19, 2014.
Subway stations with centre platforms
- Line 1 Yonge-University: Downsview, Wilson, Yorkdale, Lawrence West, Glencairn, St George, Museum, Queen’s Park, St Patrick, Osgoode, St Andrew, Eglinton, Lawrence, York Mills, Sheppard-Yonge, Finch
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Kipling, Islington, St George, Bay, Bloor-Yonge, Warden, Kennedy
- Line 3 Sheppard: Bayview, Bessarion, Leslie, Don Mills
- Line 4 Scarborough: none