Operating Statistics - 2016
4. Easier Access
The TTC is committed to improving access to the conventional system for all its customers. The TTC is everyone’s transit system.
The entire TTC bus fleet is accessible with low-floor, ramp-equipped, kneeling buses. All buses include 2 mobility device positions and priority seating for customers with disabilities, seniors, and pregnant women.
Number of fully accessible T-1 subway cars (370) and Toronto Rocket (TR) subway cars (458). Each T-1 car has 1 multi-purpose area; each TR car has 2 multi-purpose areas. T-1 trains run on Line 2 only; TR trains run on Lines 1 and 4. All Subway/RT cars can be boarded by people using wheelchairs, scooters or other mobility devices.
Number of new low-floor accessible streetcars in service on the 510 Spadina, 509 Harbourfront and 514 Cherry routes at year-end 2016.
All 180 bus routes are accessible. This includes 27 Blue Night routes and 5 Community Bus routes.
Number of accessible subway stations, which are equipped with elevators that make travel easier for people using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, other mobility devices or baby strollers. These stations are:
- Line 1 Yonge-University: Downsview, Lawrence West, Eglinton West, St George, Queen’s Park, Osgoode, St Andrew, Union, Queen, Dundas, Bloor-Yonge, St Clair, Davisville, Eglinton, York Mills, Sheppard-Yonge, North York Centre, Finch
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Kipling, Jane, Dundas West, Dufferin, Ossington, Bathurst, Spadina, St George, Bloor-Yonge, Broadview, Pape, Main Street, Victoria Park, Kennedy
- Line 3 Scarborough: Kennedy, Scarborough Centre
- Line 4 Sheppard: Sheppard-Yonge, Bayview, Bessarion, Leslie, Don Mills
Note: Subway interchanges counted once.
All stations are planned to be made accessible by 2025.
Subway stations with centre platforms
- Line 1 Yonge-University: Downsview, Wilson, Yorkdale, Lawrence West, Glencairn, St George, Museum, Queen’s Park, St Patrick, Osgoode, St Andrew, Eglinton, Lawrence, York Mills, Sheppard-Yonge, Finch
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Kipling, Islington, St George, Bay, Bloor-Yonge, Warden, Kennedy
- Line 3 Scarborough: none
- Line 4 Sheppard: Bayview, Bessarion, Leslie, Don Mills