Operating Statistics - 2015
The TTC Operating Statistics publication contains all the key facts and figures about the system’s performance in an annual period and is an invaluable quick reference when talking about the TTC’s achievements in service. The Operating Statistics are compiled by the Corporate Communications Department.
1. System Quick Facts
Daily Trips (Average Business Day)
- Revenue Passengers (Fares Collected) - 1,688,000
- Revenue Passengers and Transfer Fares - 2,706,000
- Of the 154 conventional bus and streetcar routes, 150 make 247 connections with the Subway/Scarborough RT system during the A.M. rush period.
- Friday, November 27, 2015: highest 1-day ridership - 1,863,330
Rail Transit Quick Facts (Subway, Scarborough Rapid Transit, Streetcar)
- Revenue Passengers (Fares Collected) - 933,000
- Revenue Passengers and Transfer Fares - 1,339,000
Busiest Stations (Estimated passenger trips to and from trains daily)
- Bloor (Yonge-University) - 216,200
- Yonge (Bloor-Danforth) - 93,000
- St George (Bloor-Danforth) - 140,500
- St George (Yonge-University) - 134,900
- Union - 125,200
- Finch - 90,900
- Eglinton - 77,500
- Sheppard-Yonge (Yonge-University) - 76,800
- Dundas … 75,800
- Kennedy (Bloor-Danforth) - 71,400
- Number of Stations* - 69
- Number of Escalators - 293**
- Number of Elevators - 82
(In service at: Bathurst, Bayview, Bessarion, Bloor-Yonge, Broadview, Davisville, Don Mills, Downsview, Dufferin, Dundas West, Eglinton, Eglinton West, Finch, Jane, Kennedy, Kipling, Lawrence West, Leslie, Main Street, North York Centre, Pape, Queen, Scarborough Centre, Sheppard-Yonge, Spadina, St Clair, *St Clair West, St George, Osgoode, St Andrew, Queen’s Park, Queens Quay, Union, Victoria Park, York Mills.) *Serves mezzanine level only.
- Number of Commuter Parking Lots - 26*** (12,074 spaces)
* Subway interchanges counted once.
** Two escalators opened at Union Station.
*** Parking lots decreased by 1 in 2015 (at Yorkdale Station). Yorkdale lot scheduled to reopen in 2016.