Jane Street from Steeles Avenue West to Eglinton Avenue West has been identified as the next RapidTO transit priority roadway. Thank you to customers who joined our staff alongside the City of Toronto at three in-person consultations, one virtual town hall and shared feedback with our digital survey. Your input on the proposed design options to improve the speed and reliability of bus service along this section of Jane Street is invaluable.
To learn more about events being held for RapidTO: Jane Street beginning this summer, visit www.toronto.ca/RapidTO.
In our released in December 2019, TTC outlined a proposal to explore priority bus-only lanes and other service-enhancing measures on five of its busiest corridors. The five corridors, which had a combined, pre-COVID ridership of approximately 220,000 passengers per weekday, include:
- Eglinton Avenue East/Kingston Road/Morningside Avenue from Kennedy Subway Station to the University of Toronto, Scarborough.
- Jane Street from Eglinton Avenue to Steeles Avenue.
- Dufferin Street from Dufferin Gate to Wilson Avenue.
- Steeles Avenue West from Yonge Street to Pioneer Village Subway Station.
- Finch Avenue East from Yonge Street to McCowan Road.
In addition to the five corridors identified in the 5-year Service Plan & 10-Year Outlook, the TTC and City of Toronto are working on an overall plan to guide the study, evaluation and delivery of bus and streetcar improvement projects in Toronto. RapidTO: Bus & Streetcar Priority will present the Top 20 roadways that will be studied in detail over the next 10 years. For updates and to learn more visit the .
Questions or Comments?
We invite you to learn more and share your feedback with us.
By Phone: 416-393-3030 or 311