Lost and Found Policy
The Lost & Found Policy defines the guidelines and rules for when a customer has lost or left behind article(s)/item(s) onboard a Wheel-Trans vehicle, contracted Sedan Taxi or Mini-van.
The policy applies to all persons travelling on Wheel-Trans services.
TTC Wheel-Trans staff, including contracted service providers is responsible for following this policy. TTC Wheel-Trans Supervisors and Managers are responsible for ensuring this policy is followed correctly.
Contracted Service Vehicles are defined as sedan taxis or accessible minivans that are contracted to provide Wheel-Trans services on behalf of the TTC.
TTC Wheel-Trans Vehicles are defined as any vehicle owned and operated by the TTC.
Property of Significant Value or Need is defined but not limited to include, purses, wallets, keys, mobility devices and prescription medications, identification, passports, glasses.
- Customers are required to notify Wheel-Trans Customer Service as soon as possible once they learn that they have forgotten or lost an item.
- When calling in to report a lost item the customer must provide the following information:
- Customer number
- The date that the item was lost or left behind
- Scheduled pick up time of the ride
- The pick-up address
- The vehicle type
- Description of the item
- When a TTC Wheel-trans bus operator finds property left behind by a customer, they will notify dispatch.
- The item will be signed in at the end of the operators shift to 580 Commissioners St.
- Wheel-Trans contracted services i.e. the accessible mini-van and sedan taxi operators will notify their dispatch. Found article(s)/item(s) on any contracted vehicle must be returned to Wheel-Trans Transportation Office (580 Commissioners) within 48 hours of discovery.
- As a courtesy, where possible, Wheel-Trans will make an attempt to drop off the item to the customer, however, this is not a guarantee.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to contact Wheel-Trans customer service to make arrangements to pick up the lost article(s)/item(s).
- In situations where the property is of significant value or need, arrangements to return the property to the customer in a timely manner will be made. These arrangements will be arranged through the TTC Wheel-Trans Shift Supervisor and the Contractor’s Dispatch to return the lost item.
- Food items left onboard of a vehicle will be discarded and will not be returned to the customer.
- Most items are held for 60 days except property of significant value or need.
Exceptions will be considered by Wheel-trans on a case-by-case basis.