Food and Beverage Policy
The Food and Beverage Policy defines the guidelines and rules for customers when travelling with food or beverage on a Wheel-Trans vehicle.
This policy applies to all persons travelling on Wheel-Trans.
TTC Wheel-Trans staff, including contracted service providers is responsible for following this policy. TTC Wheel-Trans Supervisors and Managers are responsible for ensuring this policy is followed correctly.
Food is defined as any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.
Beverage is defined as a drink, including water, to provide nourishment.
Snack is defined as a small amount of food that has minimal odour and is generally eaten between meals.
Spill Proof Container is designed to prevent spilling.
- Consumption of food and beverage is permitted while traveling on the Wheel-trans vehicle, provided that it is in containers designed for travel and under the control of the customer/ support person.
- Customers are permitted to board the vehicle with food & beverage providing that the vehicle is kept clean and safe. Any food or drink that is brought on board must be in a closed container that is spill-proof.
- We ask that customers be mindful of their food & beverage choices and try to refrain from eating or drinking anything that might cause an environmental sensitivity to another customer.
- Customers may be asked to dispose of the product(s) before boarding if the Operator perceives a safety, scent (odour) or cleanliness issue.
- The customer is responsible to ensure that no litter is left behind.
- Open alcohol, drugs or any other prohibited substance is not permitted on any TTC Wheel-trans vehicle.
Exceptions will be considered by Wheel-Trans on a case-by-case basis.