Greenwood Station Easier Access Elevator project
What we are doing and why:
Street parking will be temporarily reduced in the area of construction. Residents may park on any licenced street within their permit area: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/pw/bgrd/backgroundfile-85333.pdf
New temporary parking:
In order to temporarily increase parking during construction, City Transportation is reviewing to make temporary changes to allow on-street parking on both sides of some local streets including on Wolverleigh Blvd. (from east of Linnsmore Cres. to west of Monarch Park Ave. Parking by permit only from 12:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.). The City of Toronto has jurisdiction over the right-of-way, and will be adding new temporary street parking during construction at the direction of Community Council.
Noise, vibration and work hours:
Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum. The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Greenwood Station – Accessibility
What we are doing and why
- Two elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
- Public art installation as a part of the TTC Public Art Program
- Survey work will begin as early as Friday, September 10, 2021. Surveyors will review the area and place surveying markers at property corners (at 16 Linnsmore Cres. and on TTC/City ROW).
- Prior to elevator construction, borehole tests are required (work will begin as early as the week of September 13, 2021) for approximately a month (depending on underground site conditions, weather and work resources). Boreholes obtain information from the underground soil and groundwater conditions within the vicinity of the future elevator location. Test pits will be carried out to determine the location of services buried underground. The information obtained will inform the design of future underground structures.
- Small work zones will be set up within the City right-of-way close to 16 Linnsmore Cres.
- Construction crews and trucks/vacuuming equipment will be present.
- During the day, some construction noise is expected.
- Pedestrian and local traffic detours will be in place, when required.
- No impact to TTC buses or subway service.