Available to PRESTO card, PRESTO Ticket and debit/credit card payment customers only.
How it works:
- Tap your PRESTO card, PRESTO Ticket, debit or credit card (including cards loaded on in a mobile wallet) on a card reader when you enter a subway station or board a vehicle.
- Your fare will be deducted and a transfer will be applied to your card or ticket.
- This transfer allows you to enter and exit the TTC as much as you’d like within a two hour period.
- Tap your card or PRESTO ticket on a reader each time you enter a subway station and when you board a bus or streetcar. As long as you’re within two hours from your first tap, you won’t be charged another fare.
- If you are on a vehicle or enter a station with a few minutes remaining on your transfer, you can continue to complete your journey and do not need to tap if the transfer expires while you are on that vehicle. For example, if you tap on a streetcar 1 hour and 55 minutes after your first tap, and you are still on the same streetcar 20 minutes later, your transfer is still valid. When TTC fare inspectors query your PRESTO card, they will be able to see that your transfer is still valid.
- If you transfer to another vehicle or enter a subway station once your transfer has expired and tap your card or ticket, you will be charged another fare.
NOTE: The two-hour transfer does not apply to ticket, token or cash customers. Our same transfer rules apply, customers must be travelling in a continuous one-way direction with no stop overs.