This weekend, Aug. 25-26, there will be no service on the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between Finch West and Lawrence West stations, as TTC crews continue to install the Automated Train Control (ATC) signal system.
Shuttle buses will run, loading and offloading as follows:
- Lawrence West: load and offload inside station
- Yorkdale: TTC will provide a special shuttle bus to accommodate customers travelling to and from Yorkdale Mall. Customers can transfer between the Line 1 shuttle and the Yorkdale express on Dufferin St.
- Wilson: load and offload inside station
- Sheppard West: load and offload inside station
- Downsview Park: Shuttle buses will bypass this station. Customers can use 84 Sheppard West, 101 Downsview Park, 106 Sentinel and 108 Driftwood buses instead.
- Finch West: load inside the station and offload on Keele St. at Four Winds Dr.
Wheel-Trans will be available upon request from any station through the weekend. Customers can speak with any TTC staff member for more information about service frequency.
When ATC is fully implemented on Line 1, it will provide a more modern and reliable signal system that will allow for an increase in the number of trains operating on the line. While the TTC does most subway maintenance at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend closures to complete critical infrastructure and ATC upgrades.
The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service and about alternative routes. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on Twitter or sign up for eAlerts at ttc.ca.