Streetcars on the 501 Queen route will divert starting 5 a.m. on Sun., Oct. 15 until early November as TTC crews complete track upgrades at the intersection of Queen St. W. and McCaul St.
Diversions will occur as follows:
Oct. 15 - 16: Crews will begin track work at the intersection of Queen St. W. and McCaul St. and only streetcars will be restricted from the intersection.
- 501/301 Queen streetcars will run between Sunnyside Loop and Neville Park Loop, diverting both ways via Spadina Ave., King St. and Church St.
- 501J Queen shuttle buses will run between Bathurst and Jarvis Sts.
- 301L Queen overnight shuttle buses will run between Long Branch Loop and Victoria St.
Oct. 16 - November: Track work continues at the intersection of Queen St. W. and McCaul St. Streetcars and buses will be restricted from the intersection. Diversions will change as follows:
- 501J Queen and 301L Queen shuttle buses will divert eastbound via John St., Adelaide St. and University Ave. and westbound via Queen, Simcoe, Richmond and John Sts.
501L and 501M Queen routes will continue to run with buses as scheduled to accommodate ongoing work at Humber Loop.
Customers may transfer between streetcars and buses at any point on Queen St., between Bathurst St. and Spadina Ave. or between Victoria and Jarvis Sts.
In addition, the scheduled subway closure this weekend on Line 1 between St Clair and Lawrence stations has been CANCELED and will be rescheduled to later this year.
The next three subway closures are:
- Oct. 21-22 - Line 1 Yonge-University: Sheppard West to St George for signal upgrades
- Oct 28-29 - Line 1: St Clair to Lawrence for track work
- Nov. 4-5 - Line 1: Sheppard West to St George for signal upgrades
For details on all TTC route diversions, subscribe to eAlerts or follow @TTCnotices on Twitter for up-to-the-minute advisories. For additional information about upcoming closures and route diversions, customers should visit ttc.ca.