TTC track and switch work on Line 1 this weekend
501 Queen diverting for track work at Queen and Bay streets
This weekend, Apr. 1-2, TTC crews will carry out track and switch work on Line 1 Yonge University between King and St Andrew stations only, requiring that portion of the line to close.
Shuttle buses will not operate during this closure. Customers looking to travel northbound on either the Yonge or University portions of Line 1 are encouraged to use the PATH or take the 504 King streetcar route to travel between the affected stations.
Wheel-Trans will operate between King and St Andrew stations for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers should speak with any TTC staff member to request the service. Customers traveling southbound on the Yonge side of Line 1 who need an elevator should exit at Queen Station.
Regular service resumes Monday at 6 a.m.
The next scheduled subway closures are:
- Apr. 8-9 - Line 1: Downsview to St George stations work on the automated train control (ATC) system
- Apr. 22-23 - Line 3 Scarborough for track and life extension work
- Apr. 29-30 - Line 1: Downsview to St George for ATC work
Also this weekend, streetcars on the 501 Queen route will divert for track work at Queen St. W. and Bay St. From Fri., Mar. 31 at 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, and again next weekend from Fri., Apr. 7 at 8 p.m. until Mon., Apr. 10 at 5 a.m., 501 Queen streetcars will run as follows:
- Eastbound streetcars will divert via Spadina Ave., King and Church Sts.
- Westbound streetcars will divert via Church, King and York streets.
Shuttle buses will operate between Jarvis and Bathurst streets for customers requiring travel along Queen St.