This weekend, June 10-11, the portion of Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Broadview and St George stations will close as City of Toronto and TTC crews replace beams on the Prince Edward (Bloor) Viaduct. Shuttle buses will operate frequently, stopping only at subway stations along the route.
Wheel-Trans buses will operate from Broadview and St George stations for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with TTC staff at these stations to request the service.
Bay station will be closed. All other stations will remain open for the sale of fares.
The TTC will add a number of articulated buses to improve shuttle service. These buses will not enter Broadview Station; rather, after dropping off customers in front of the station, they will loop east on Erindale and Hurndale Aves., south on Playter Blvd., before continuing west on Danforth Ave. This route was chosen because it offers wider streets and a signalized intersection at Danforth and Playter for safer and more controlled turns onto Danforth Ave.
Toronto Police will restrict parking on Erindale Ave. between Broadview Ave. and Ellerbeck St. from 3:30 a.m. Saturday to midnight Sunday. No permit parking will be lost due to these restrictions.
While the TTC does much of its subway maintenance work at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend closures to complete essential state-of-good-repair work, like replacing track and maintaining switches. One weekend of work during a closure is equivalent to about five weeks of nightly work.
Regular subway service resumes Monday at 6 a.m.
The next scheduled subway closures are:
- June 17-18 – Line 1 Yonge-University: St George to Sheppard West (formerly Downsview) for ATC work.
- June 24-25 - Line 3 Scarborough: McCowan to Kennedy stations for track, infrastructure and life extension work.
- July 8-9 – Line 1 Yonge-University: Bloor-Yonge to Lawrence stations for track work.
This weekend, numerous events around Toronto will impact service on surface routes. Customers can consult cards placed on local stop poles, visit www.ttc.ca or follow @TTChelps for full information on the following temporary diversions:
- 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.: 110 Islington, 501 Queen Bus for the Grilled Cheese Festival
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.: 47 Lansdowne, 505 Dundas for the Portugal Day Parade
- 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: 5 Avenue, 94 Wellesley, 6 Bay for the Shoppers Drug Mart Run for Women.
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Ride to Conquer Cancer – Exhibition WB
- 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.: 300 Bloor Danforth for Bloor Annex Street Festival –
- 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.: 5 Avenue, 94 Wellesley, 6 Bay for the T.O Challenge
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: 127 Davenport, 29 Dufferin for St Mary of Angels
- 6:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.: 121 Fort York-Esplanade, 72B Pape for Diva’s Half Marathon
- 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. - 122 Graydon Hall for Nicola’s Kids Triathlon