Thanks to the generosity of Corby Spirit and Wine, the TTC is providing Torontonians with free, safe rides to and from their New Year's Eve festivities for the fifth consecutive year. Corby has committed to sponsoring free New Year's Eve service again next year.
"The TTC is pleased to once again partner with Corby to get more than 250,000 New Year's Eve revelers to and from their celebrations safely," said TTC Chair Josh Colle. "We are proud to be able to offer this service on what is one of our busiest nights of the year."
Free service is available on all routes starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 7 a.m. on New Year's Day, as follows:
Sun., Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve - travel free after 7 p.m.
- Sunday Service
- Most routes start at 8 a.m.
- Most routes with Sunday late-evening service continue until 4 a.m.
- Last trains on Line 1 leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:38 a.m. for Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station. The last northbound train on Line 1 will connect at Bloor-Yonge Station with the last eastbound and westbound trains on Line 2, and at Sheppard-Yonge Station with the last eastbound train on Line 4.
- Last trains on Line 2 leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station. The last eastbound train on Line 2 will connect at Kennedy Station with the last eastbound train on Line 3.
- Last train on Line 3 leaves Kennedy Station at 4:06 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on Line 4 leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Mon., Jan. 1, 2018 - New Year's Day
- The TTC will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Subways and most routes start at 8 a.m.
During this period, fare boxes on buses and older streetcars will be covered and TTC paddle gates at all stations will be left open to ensure customers can move as quickly and easily as possible. PRESTO machines will be turned off and PRESTO card holders should not tap their cards.
Customers leaving the festivities at Nathan Phillips Square and heading north are advised to consider using Osgoode Station to avoid crowding at Queen Station.
On New Year's Eve and always, please don't drink and drive. The TTC wishes its customers a happy and safe new year, and all the best in 2018.