Surface routes diverting for events
This Sun., July 24, TTC crews will conduct track work on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Broadview and Main Street stations, requiring that portion of the subway to close for the day.
In addition, the portion of Line 2 between St George and Broadview stations will open late on Sunday, at 10 a.m. rather than the usual Sunday 8 a.m. opening, while TTC crews replace beams on the Prince Edward (Bloor) Viaduct.
Shuttle buses will operate, stopping only at subway stations along the route.
Wheel-Trans will operate between St George and Main Street stations from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and between Broadview and Main Street stations for the remainder of the day. Customers can speak with any TTC staff to request the service.
Regular service resumes Mon., July 25 at 6 a.m.
The next scheduled subway closures are as follows:
- Line 1 Yonge-University - St George to Union - August 6
- Line 2 Bloor-Danforth - Pape to St George - August 13-14
- Line 1 Yonge-University - Lawrence to Bloor-Yonge - August 27-28
Maintaining and modernizing transit infrastructure is critical to ensuring the TTC remains a safe and reliable transit system for its 1.8 million daily riders. The TTC thanks its customers, Toronto residents and businesses, and the public for their patience and understanding.
For more information on subway closures, watch the “TTC weekend subway closures” video at www.youtube.com/OfficialTTCChannel.
Beaches Jazz Festival
Several bus and streetcar routes will divert as follows, from 6 p.m. to midnight Thurs., July 21 to Sat., July 23 for the Beaches Jazz Festival:
- 501 Queen – Streetcars will turn back at the intersection of Queen St. E. and Kingston Rd.
- 64 Main – Buses will divert via Wineva Ave., Alfresco Lawn, Lee Ave., Williamson Rd., Southwood Dr.
- 143 Downtown/Beach Express – Buses will divert via Woodbine Ave. and Kingston Rd. to Victoria Park Ave., with a loop via Southwood Dr., Williamson Rd., Wineva Ave., Alfresco Lawn, and Lee Ave. to serve stops at Queen St. E.
Big on Bloor
Buses on the 300 Bloor-Danforth night route will divert via Dufferin St., Dupont St. and Lansdowne Ave. this Sat. night, July 23, for the Big on Bloor festival, which will close Bloor St. from Dufferin St. to Lansdowne Ave.
Buses on the 63/363 Ossington route will divert via Dundas St. W. and Shaw St. this Sat. July 23 from 6 a.m. until 3 a.m. Sunday for Oss Fest, which will close Ossington Ave. from Dundas St. W. to Queen St. W.
As the TTC and the City of Toronto complete important infrastructure work this weekend - and throughout the summer - customers should check ttc.ca for bus and streetcar route diversions. As well, to accommodate the many events that occur in a vibrant and exciting city like Toronto, some surface routes will divert for short periods of time. Customers can receive up-to-the-minute advisories by subscribing to e-Alerts or following @TTCnotices on Twitter.