For the fourth consecutive New Year's Eve, the TTC is providing Torontonians with free, safe rides to and from their festivities, thanks to the generosity of Corby Spirit and Wine, who have also committed to sponsoring free New Year's Eve service for the next two years.
"New Year's Eve is one of the busiest nights for the TTC with more than a quarter million people traveling with us," said TTC Chair Josh Colle. "We are pleased to partner with Corby for the fourth year in a row to ensure that our customers can ride for free and get home safe on the TTC as they celebrate the New Year."
Free service is available on all routes from 7 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 7 a.m. on New Year's Day, as follows:
Sat., Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve - travel free after 7 p.m.
- Most routes start at 6 a.m.
- Most routes with Saturday late-evening service continue until 4 a.m.
- Last trains on Line 1 leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station. The last northbound train on Line 1 will connect at Bloor-Yonge Station with the last eastbound and westbound trains on Line 2, and at Sheppard-Yonge Station with the last eastbound train on Line 4.
- Last trains on Line 2 leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station. The last eastbound train on Line 2 will connect at Kennedy Station with the last eastbound train on Line 3.
- Last train on Line 3 leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on Line 4 leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
- The 300 Bloor-Danforth and the 320 Yonge bus routes begin service at 3 a.m. and will operate until 9 a.m. on New Year's Day.
Sun., Jan. 1, 2017 - New Year's Day
- Sunday service.
- Subway and most routes start at 8 a.m.
PRESTO users should not tap their cards when entering subway stations or boarding buses and streetcars during this period. Customers leaving the festivities at Nathan Phillips Square and heading north are advised to consider using Osgoode Station to avoid crowding at Queen Station.
On New Year's Eve and always, please don't drink and drive. The TTC wishes its customers a happy and safe new year, and all the best in 2017.