TTC service changes make going to TIFF and getting around more convenient
This Thursday through Sunday, King St. W. between University Ave. and Peter St. will be closed to traffic as it becomes Festival Street, a celebration of the Toronto International Film Festival. As a result, the TTC will divert its streetcars and buses to make it easier for Toronto residents and visitors to get around downtown during one of Toronto's most important arts and cultural festivals.
The TTC produced a video (available on the TTC YouTube channel) to help explain the service changes for TIFF 2015 , making it easier to get around.
To accommodate Festival Street, the gala premieres and red carpet events, the TTC is splitting the 504 King streetcar into two routes, with an east and west portion. Buses will also operate and divert around King St. throughout the four days of Festival Street, including days, evenings and the weekend.
Streetcars and buses will operate as follows:
- From the west: 504 King streetcar will proceed east to Bathurst St., where it will turn north to Bathurst Station, then return south on Bathurst St., then back to route at King St.
- From the east: 504 King streetcar will divert south on Church St., west on Wellington St., north on York St, and then back east along King St.
- 504 King buses: 504 King bus that normally operates only during morning and afternoon rush hours, will operate throughout the day and evening for the four days of Festival Street, including the weekend.
- The eastbound bus will start at Dufferin St., as usual, turning north on Spadina Ave., east on Adelaide St., south on University Ave., and then back to route, terminating at Parliament St. as it normally does.
- The westbound bus will go north on University Ave. from King St., west on Richmond St., south on Spadina Ave., back to route.
- 304 King Blue Night Service: The new 304 King streetcar Blue Night service that operates after the subway closes will also divert via Spadina Ave., Queen St. and Church St. from the west and York St., Queen St. and Spadina Ave. from the east.
The TTC will have customer service staff along the route to assist and answer questions.
The TTC is proud to be part of TIFF 2015.