CEO Andy Byford will update the media at 10 a.m. about the environmental spill at College Station, which has shut the Toronto Transit Commission's Line 1 between Bloor-Yonge and Union stations. The update will take place at the north-east corner of Carton and Yonge (outside College Station).
While TTC crews continue to investigate the source of the leak, a work car is being brought in to grout the expansion joints to plug the leak. Clean-up will begin as soon as possible.
There are currently 70 replacement buses operating between Rosedale and St Andrew stations, bypassing Union Station due to construction on Front St. Customers at Union Station can board shuttle buses at Bay and Wellington.
The TTC remains hopeful that service will be restored in time for afternoon rush hour, but there is no confirmation of that at this time. We will provide updates throughout the day as information becomes available.
TTC staff are available at all locations to direct customers.
Alternate routes downtown from the west:
- 504 King from Dundas West Station to St Andrew and King stations
- 505 Dundas streetcars from Dundas West to St Patrick and Dundas stations
Alternate routes downtown from the east:
- 504 King from Broadview Station to King or St Andrew stations
- 505 Dundas streetcars from Broadview Station to Dundas or St Patrick stations
- 506 Carlton streetcars from Main Street Station to College and Queen’s Park stations