The Toronto Transit Commission continues to conduct major work to upgrade the signal system on the University portion (St George to Union stations) of the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line this Saturday, May 4.
As a result of this work, subway trains will terminate at St George and Union stations. A frequent bus service will operate every three to five minutes between St George and King stations. Customers heading downtown should use the Yonge line.
Alternate routes to stations on the University line include:
- 94 Wellesley bus, westbound from Wellesley station
- 506 Carlton streetcar, westbound from College station
- 505 Dundas streetcar, westbound from Dundas station
- 501 Queen streetcar, westbound from Queen station or
- 504 King streetcar, westbound from King station.
The TTC will have Wheel-Trans buses at St George and Union stations to accommodate seniors and persons with disabilities who use wheelchairs, scooters and other mobility aids.