This Sat., Aug. 3, the TTC will provide additional service for customers heading to the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto parade.
Due to track construction on Queens Quay, streetcars on the 509 have been replaced with buses. Customers are encouraged to consider alternate routes to the parade, such as the 511 Bathurst, 29 Dufferin or the many special express bus routes that will service the parade.
Frequent buses and streetcars will operate to Exhibition Place and the parade route on Lake Shore Boulevard West, including:
• 511 Bathurst southbound from Bathurst Station to Exhibition Place
• 504 King from Dundas West Station to Sunnyside Loop
• 29 Dufferin southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Loop
• Keele Station express bus to Parkside Drive/Lake Shore Boulevard West
• Lansdowne Station express bus via Jameson Avenue, to Springhurst Avenue/Dunn Avenue
• 509 Harbourfront replacement bus from Union Station to Exhibition Place
As well, this weekend, use a TTC Day/Family Pass. For $10.75 a day, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than four children/youths 19 years of age or under. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
Look for the TTC and Wheel-Trans buses in the grand parade. This will be the fourth consecutive year that the TTC will be joining forces with Toronto Raptors centre Jamaal Magloire and the Toronto Revellers marchers.