Ninety-four per cent of TTC bus routes now accessible
Beginning June 20, the Toronto Transit Commission is adding accessibility and improving service on several bus routes to meet increased ridership over the summer months to many popular attractions. On June 20, 158 of the TTC’s 168 bus routes will be accessible, and 153 of 168 bus routes will be bike rack equipped.
New accessible routes using low-floor bike rack-equipped buses:
- 33 Forest Hill
- 117 Alness
- 142 Downtown/Avenue Rd Express
- 160 Bathurst North
- 312 St Clair
Routes with summer service changes include:
- 192 Airport Rocket – Summer service increased
- 511 Bathurst – Summer service increased
- 509 Harbourfront – Summer service increased
- 30B Lambton – Seasonal route extension into High Park, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, between 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- 72B Pape – Seasonal route extension from Commissioners St. to Cherry Beach. Buses serve Cherry Beach from about 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., every day.
- 88 South Leaside – Temporary route diversion due to reconstruction of Moore Ave.
- 510 Spadina – Summer service increased
- 92 Woodbine South – Summer service increased