TTC New Year’s Eve service free after midnight, Jan. 1
The Toronto Transit Commission will offer free service after midnight this New Year’s Eve, in addition to extending subway and most surface route service to 4 a.m. Parking will also be free at most TTC parking lots.
Details of the TTC’s New Year’s Eve service are as follows:
• Reduced morning peak period service on Dec. 31
• Reduced afternoon peak-period service, operating from noon to 5 p.m. on Dec. 31
• Subway and most surface route service extended until approximately 4 a.m., Sat., Jan.1
• Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
• Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth Subway leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
• Last train on the Scarborough RT leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
• Last train on the Sheppard Subway leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
On Sat., Jan. 1, 2011, the TTC will operate on a Sunday service schedule. Subway and most surface routes will begin operating at 9 a.m.