TTC and Bloor-Yorkville BIA open new Cumberland subway entrance
Official opening of the re-built Cumberland entrance to Bay Station
Wednesday, September 2, 10:30 a.m.
Bay Station Cumberland entrance (south side of Cumberland Street, west of Bellair Street)
TTC Chair Adam Giambrone, Toronto Councillor Kyle Rae and Bloor-Yorkville BIAVice-President Valentine Lovekin.
TTC Chair Adam Giambrone, Toronto Councillor (Ward 27) Kyle Rae and Bloor-Yorkville BIA Vice-President Valentine Lovekin will officially open the new Cumberland entrance to Bay Station.
The $1.2 million project was jointly funded by the City of Toronto and the TTC. The scope of work for the project includes:
- New roof with underside lighting
- New curtain walls with glass side panels and window vents
- New stone wall and stone bench
- New lighting features and platform signage
- Refinishing and rehabilitation of existing stairs