Broadview Avenue and Broadview Station
Effective September 26, Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Pretoria Avenue is closed for construction. Local traffic only between Erindale Avenue and Pretoria Avenue.
Coordinated projects on Broadview Avenue
The TTC is renewing streetcar tracks on Broadview Avenue and at Broadview Station this year. The City of Toronto and TTC are implementing essential infrastructure improvements along Broadview Avenue. The work includes:
- Toronto Water Sewer Rehabilitation on Broadview Avenue - Phase 1 completed as of June 9, managed by the City
- Streetcar track renewal on Broadview Avenue from Danforth Avenue to Gerrard Street East – started on July 4 and scheduled until late November, managed by the City in coordination with TTC
See the City of Toronto's project webpage for further information.
Broadview Station work
Project started on September 11, 2023, road closure effective as of September 26, 2023
What we are doing and why
From September 11 to November*, TTC will be renewing the streetcar track infrastructure on Broadview Avenue north of the Danforth Avenue, on Erindale Avenue and at Broadview Station to maintain a state of good repair for long term streetcar operations. Since July, the City of Toronto and TTC have been renewing track from Gerrard Street East to the Broadview/Danforth intersection.
What to expect during construction north of Danforth Avenue
- To conduct rail replacement work safely and efficiently, a full road closure of Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Erindale Avenue is required for up to 30 days.
- Construction activities include excavation, rail/concrete removal; new concrete and rail installation.
- The majority of excavation and concrete removal will take place between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. Other rail-related activities are required around-the-clock to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete.
- Expected overnight activities include rail welding/grinding, placing new rail and concrete.
- For residential garbage/recycling - please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please label your bins with an address.
Pedestrian and motorist details
- Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Pretoria Avenue will be closed for up to 30 days. Local traffic only between Erindale Avenue and Pretoria Avenue.
- Erindale Avenue between Broadview Avenue and Broadview Station’s bus entrance will be closed for track renewal. Local traffic only between the bus entrance and Ellerbeck Street.
- Some private driveways will be temporarily blocked due to the nature of construction. TTC will reach out to those residents directly for alternate parking arrangements.
- The laneway that serves businesses along Danforth Avenue will remain accessible for deliveries or service.
- Access maintained to the Toronto Parking Authority parking lot via westbound Erindale Avenue.
- The laneway that serves businesses on the west side of Broadview Avenue will remain accessible from Cambridge Avenue.
TTC service – effective September 11, 2023
- There is currently no 504 King and 505 Dundas service on Broadview Avenue between Broadview Station and Gerrard Street due to construction on Broadview Avenue.
- Effective September 11, local bus routes: 8 Broadview, 62 Mortimer and 87 Cosburn are diverting. 100 Flemingdon Park will continue to divert to Pape Station.
- Broadview Station will remain open for subway service.
View a PDF version of the map
- There is no bus service on Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue (Broadview Station) and Mortimer Avenue.
- 8 Broadview buses will end at the intersection of Broadview and Mortimer avenues. Buses will continue east on Mortimer Avenue as the 62 Mortimer. The 8 Broadview will continue to be extended to Warden Station.
- 62 Mortimer buses will also end at the intersection of Broadview and Mortimer avenues. Buses will continue north on Broadview Avenue as the 8 Broadview. 62 Mortimer buses will return to servicing Main Street Station.
- The 87 Cosburn and 100 Flemingdon Park routes are diverting to Pape Station.
- Regular service levels will be maintained.
Alternate routes to get to and from Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital
- From Queens Park or College stations, take an eastbound 506 Carlton streetcar and exit at .
- From Pape Station, take the 72 Pape bus and exit at Gerrard Street East. Transfer to a westbound 506 Carlton streetcar and exit at Gerrard Street East and Broadview Avenue.
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve transit infrastructure in Toronto.
If you are interested in receiving updates about this project, please email your contact information to the project's Community Liaison Officer.
Please be sure to include your name, address (including city and postal code), phone number and email address. Also, please let us know how you prefer to be contacted – by email, regular mail or both.