Broadview Avenue and Broadview Station
As of December 1, Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Erindale Avenue has re-opened to traffic. Erindale Avenue and the bus loop remains closed for construction. Streetcar service is scheduled to return in Winter 2024 once City sewer rehabilitation work and TTC overhead power upgrades are complete.
What we are doing and why
TTC is currently renewing the streetcar track infrastructure on Erindale Avenue and inside Broadview Station to maintain a state of good repair for long term streetcar operations. Work on Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Erindale Avenue has been completed.
What to expect during construction north of Danforth Avenue
- To conduct rail replacement work safely and efficiently, a full road closure of Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Erindale Avenue was required. As of December 1, the roadway has re-opened.
- Construction activities include excavation, rail/concrete removal; new concrete and rail installation.
- The majority of excavation and concrete removal will take place between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. Other rail-related activities are required around-the-clock to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete.
- Expected overnight activities include rail welding/grinding, placing new rail and concrete.
- For residential garbage/recycling - please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please label your bins with an address.
Pedestrian and motorist details
- Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Pretoria Avenue has re-opened.
- Erindale Avenue between Broadview Avenue and Broadview Station’s bus entrance is currently closed for track renewal. Local traffic only between the bus entrance and Ellerbeck Street.
- The laneway that serves businesses along Danforth Avenue will remain accessible for deliveries or service.
- Access maintained to the Toronto Parking Authority parking lot via westbound Erindale Avenue.
- The laneway that serves businesses on the west side of Broadview Avenue will remain accessible from Cambridge Avenue.
TTC service - effective November 19 to December 2023
- The 8 Broadview and 62 Mortimer will no longer operate as a combined service.
- 8 Broadview buses will operate between Warden Station and Broadview Avenue at Mortimer Avenue as follows:
- Buses will divert from Broadview Avenue, via east on Mortimer Avenue, north on Pape Avenue, west on Cosburn Avenue and north on Broadview Avenue, to regular route.
- The 62 Mortimer and 8 Broadview will no longer operate as a combined service.
- 62 Mortimer buses will operate between Main Street Station and Mortimer Avenue at Broadview Avenue as follows:
- Buses will divert from Mortimer Avenue, via north on Broadview Avenue, east on Cosburn Avenue, north on Pape Avenue, west on O’Connor Drive, south on Broadview Avenue and east on Mortimer Avenue, to regular route.
72A Pape and 504/505 King/Dundas:
- 72A Pape buses running from Broadview Avenue to King and Parliament streets will be shortened to operate to Carlaw and Eastern avenues.
- 504/505 King/Dundas replacement bus service will operate between Castle Frank Station and King and Parliament streets as follows:
Southbound: from Castle Frank Station, east on Bloor Street, south on Broadview Avenue, west on Queen Street, west on King Street, south on Parliament Street, west on Front Street, north on Berkeley Street, to King Street.
Northbound: from King Street and Parliament streets, east on King Street, east on Queen Street, north on Broadview Avenue and west on Bloor Street, to Castle Frank Station.
304 King Overnight:
- Castle Frank Station is not an accessible station. Line 2 is accessible at Broadview Station at Broadview and Danforth avenues.
- 304 King night buses will operate between Castle Frank and Dundas West stations, via Bloor Street East, Broadview Avenue, Queen Street East, King Street and Roncesvalles Avenue.
Service continuing to divert from Broadview Station
The following routes will continue to divert from Broadview Station to Pape Station, as work continues to complete streetcar track replacement at Broadview Station and along Broadview and Erindale avenues.
- 87 Cosburn
- 100 Flemingdon Park
- 322 Coxwell
Buses on the 100 Flemingdon Park route will arrive every 10 minutes or sooner. Buses on the 87 Cosburn route will arrive approximately every 10-12 minutes. The information about arrival times for these buses will not be accurate on Transit apps or in the Trip Planner until they return to Broadview Station.
All regular TTC bus routes, including 504/505 King/Dundas buses, are expected to return to Broadview Station once all of the work is completed in the station area.
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve transit infrastructure in Toronto.
If you are interested in receiving updates about this project, please email your contact information to the project's Community Liaison Officer.
Please be sure to include your name, address (including city and postal code), phone number and email address. Also, please let us know how you prefer to be contacted – by email, regular mail or both.