Please make sure your URL begins with www.ttc.ca for the best user experience. Internet Explorer users may experience issues with this website. Please use an alternate browser such as Google Chrome for the best user experience.
King-Queen-Queensway-Roncesvalles (KQQR) Construction
City and TTC will be working to improve the intersection of KQQR
Effective 2021 to 12/31/2022 11:30:00 PM
The City of Toronto and Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) have coordinated a series of other infrastructure upgrades that will continue into September 2022 at:
- The intersection of King Street West, Queen Street West, The Queensway and Roncesvalles Avenue (KQQR)
- The Queensway from Parkside Drive to east of Roncesvalles Avenue
- Roncesvalles Avenue from Queen Street West to Dundas Street West and
- Rehabilitation of the Parkside Drive Bridge at The Queensway
November 12, 2021 to early winter 2022*
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (additional hours as needed)
- The Queensway: Parkside Drive to Sunnyside Avenue
- Beaty Boulevard Park: southwest corner of KQQR intersection
- King Street West: KQQR Intersection to approximately 100 m south thereof
- Watermain replacement and sewer lining: Please refer to work details listed in Advance Work (completed).
- TTC and road work (inner lanes): Work crews will undertake the following work: TTC pole replacement and overhead wire installation, track work, (lighting, platforms, curbs etc.), road reconstruction (base, curb gutter, sidewalk)
- Streetscape work: Work crews will undertake streetscape improvements at Beaty Boulevard Park.
- Bridge rehabilitation: Work crews will repair The Queensway bridge at Parkside Drive (inner lanes).
- Pedestrian access will be available at all times
- A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along The Queensway will be maintained for vehicles and cyclists
- KQQR intersection will be closed with exception of east-west access through the intersection via Queen Street West
- King Street West will be closed to vehicular traffic from the Queen Street West to Wilson Park Drive
- Unauthorized parking is not allowed in active work zone. Alternate parking arrangements are being made for impacted residents / businesses.