Donlands Station - Second Exit Entrance and Easier Access project update
As part of the TTC’s commitment to safety and modernization, Donlands Station (Line 2) will be getting new elevators to provide accessibility, and a new Secondary Exit/Entrance to improve customer safety and convenience. To minimize the duration of overall construction, the TTC will build the Donlands Station Easier Access project at the same time as the second exit/entrance project:
- The TTC Board unanimously approved the Local Working Group’s recommended Second Exit/Entrance location at 17/19 Dewhurst Boulevard.
- New elevators will serve the existing station entrance at Strathmore Boulevard and Donlands Avenue.
Saturday Work July and August 2022
Saturday work is expected this summer at the two elevator construction sites and the future second exit/entrance location off Dewhurst Blvd for Donlands Station. The second exit/entrance work area is in the construction site along 1 – 14 Strathmore Blvd and along Dewhurst Blvd north of Danforth Blvd. There will also be Saturday work at the E1 and E2 elevator sites at the southwest and northwest corner of Donlands Ave and Strathmore Blvd adjacent to the station.
The contractor needs to continue work on Saturdays during the summer - in particular for the elevators in order to recover schedule from the third party strikes earlier this spring. TTC has requested to reduce all Saturday work as much as possible. However, the work is critical.
- - Work may be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturdays in July and August at the second exit/entrance site on Dewhurst Blvd and Strathmore Blvd.
- - Work may be scheduled between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturdays in July and August at the elevator sites at Donlands Ave and Strathmore Blvd.
What to expect
- - Construction trucks, equipment and site staff will be present in the general area.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways will remain open.
- Parking is now restricted on Strathmore Blvd with the opening of the Green P Langford parking lot for permit holders between 1 – 47 Strathmore Blvd. Exceptions for parking on Strathmore include construction equipment and construction vehicles.
For further information:
Chris Joseph, Senior Community Liaison, Christina.Joseph@ttc.ca.
Alexa Aiken, Community Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org