Please make sure your URL begins with www.ttc.ca for the best user experience. Internet Explorer users may experience issues with this website. Please use an alternate browser such as Google Chrome for the best user experience.
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make all subway stations accessible to everyone. This spring, work will start at High Park Station to create a barrier-free path from the street to the subway platform level by the end of 2024*.
The Easier Access improvements will include:
- Two new elevators, one to each platform
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras inside the station
New entrance structure on Quebec Avenue including accessible sliding doors at the main entrance
A community pre-construction presentation can be found online.
Expected work activities
Construction will affect Quebec Avenue and High Park Station.
Phases 1 and 2–starting June 20 2022 and ending Q2 2023*
Temporary closure until Q2 2023* of the northbound lane in front of the station for utility work, work zone set up, shoring, demolition and excavation work.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- During phases 1 and 2, the northbound lane and east sidewalk will be closed in front of the Quebec Avenue station entrance.
- Access to the station will be maintained via Parkview Gardens or High Park Avenue entrance.
- The Quebec Avenue entrance needs to be closed until the end of 2024 to facilitate safe construction.
- Work will typically take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some work on weekends between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. may be required.
- For safety, overnight work may be required.
Subway and bus service at the station will be maintained throughout construction.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make High Park Station accessible.
For further information:
TTC contact: Nick Chan, Community Liaison, 416-931-6754, Nick.Chan@ttc.ca