ACAT Meeting - February 25, 2010
Agenda is not available for this meeting.
Please check the meeting minutes for meeting details.
- Mazin Aribi
- Adam Cohoon
- Susan Davidson
- Heather Green
- Angela Marley
- Garnett Martin
- Scott McArthur
- Marian McDonell
- Carol Anne Monet
- Robert Muzzy
- Craig Nicol
- Anna Noviss
- Angela Rebeiro
- Sam Savona
- William Castor
- Bill Frost
- Tom McPherson
- Glenn Johnston
- Evelyn Gartner
- Theresa Legge
- Janet O’Sullivan
- Gary Webster
- Vince Rodo
- John Sepulis
- Rick Cornacchia
- Al Chocorlan
- TTC Commissioners
1. Call to Order / Attendance
2. Declaration of Conflict of Interest
3. Approval of Agenda
On motion of Robert Muzzy, ACAT approved the agenda along with the following additional “new business” items:
- Customer Service Panel;
- Public Forum; and
- 512 St. Clair Streetcar.
4. Review and Approval of Minutes of January 28, 2010
On motion of Sam Savona, ACAT approved the minutes of the meeting held on January 28, 2010 subject to the following:
“Item #4 review and approval of minutes November 26, 2009
It should be noted that in reference to the Wheel Trans Operations Subcommittee, the word ‘Riders Rights and Responsibilities’ should be added after ‘Bill of Rights’.
Item #8 ACAT Elections – nominations should be noted at this point, ‘each of the nominees for the position of Vice Chair read out their autobiographies’.
Item #9 subcommittee reports ‘Trip Planning Information, destination signs and associated protocols’.
5. Business Arising Out of Minutes/Outstanding Items
A discussion took place regarding Sam Savona’s motion at the meeting of January 28, 2010. ‘ACAT ageed that the Chair of ACAT send a letter to the Chair of the TTC expressing the Committee’s concerns become public without input from ACAT.’
Due to other issues, no letter has been sent yet to the Chair of the TTC, but a letter will be sent as soon as possible.
Craig Nicol suggested renaming the existing files for 2010 using format developed by Service Planning. It should have a meeting number and a file name for each date. A concern regarding bus destination messages continues to be an issue. Marketing is to be contacted by Tom McPherson. Susan is to send a letter to the Marketing Department regarding Bus Destination Messages and Station Pages.
6. Motion - Anna Noviss
A discussion took place regarding a motion made earlier in July 2008 by Angela Marley and Anna Noviss. This was taken from the July 31, 2008 Minutes, Meeting Number 206.
“On motion of Angela maRley and Anna Noviss, and carried by the Committee, all Subcommittee Meeting Minutes including meeting notes must include the following: meeting date, location, attendance, and recorder.”
A protocol is currently being developed regarding minute recording at Subcommittee meetings.
8. ACAT Announcement for Vice Chair Positions
Carol Anne Monet withdrew from the nomination of Vice Chair. The Vice Chairs for 2010 are Marian McDonell and Heather Green.
Susan Davidson thanked Garnett Martin for all his work over the past years and indicated that he has done a great job.
9. Subcommittee Reports
Angela Marley gave an update on the recent activities of this Subcommittee which included:
- Updating minutes from last fall, through to February meetings.
- The Subcommittee developed a definition of cell phone use on taxi sedans and AT’s, supporting the no cell phone use policy.
- Beck Taxi demonstrated a ramp which they developed for a taxi van, and Wheel-Trans provided detailed feedback to Beck Taxi.
- The 2010 certification process for minivans is underway. The sticker is green in colour and is placed on the front passenger windshield.
- The Riders Rights and Responsibilities are not complete. Angela Marley suggested the Subcommittee to look at the work in progress, and e-mail her feedback as soon as possible.
Heather Green gave an update on the recent activities undertaken by this Subcommittee.
- The Subcommittee: is to provide advice on station/stop spacing for conventional transit services, especially the proposed LRT (Transit City) lines.
- The Subcommittee is working on outstanding items, advice on subcommittee priorities for 2010, and administrative matters.
Heather Green indicated there were no meetings for Communications since December 3, 2009.
- An update on the Sheppard East line was given, the design of LRT facilities and platform access.
- The Subcommittee is working on outstanding items, advice on subcommittee priorities for 2010, and some administrative matters.
ACAT had a discussion regarding integration, same day service, and elevator status. Tom McPherson and TTC staff to forward same day service request statistics to ACAT for the next meeting. Tom McPherson and TTC staff will follow up with the Plant Department regarding the status of elevators which are out of service for the next ACAT meeting.
10. Presentation – Heather Green
11. Alternative date: Wednesday September 29, 2010 ACAT Meeting
12. Other/New Business
Customer Service Panel
A discussion took place regarding the Customer Service Panel taken from a press release. It was recommended that a member of ACAT be present on this panel.
Angela Rebeiro moved that the Chair of ACAT writes a letter to the Chair of TTC that, “The Panel will receive routine advice and input from the Advisory Committee on Accessible Transporation (ACAT)”…
Glen Johnson gave an update and asked that this matter be discussed in the next Subcommittee meeting in March.
512 St. Clair Streetcar
Craig Nicol made a suggestion that the website be kept up to date with current information. The schedule for the 512 Streetcar is still not available. Craig also indicated how difficult it is to know where the stop is for the visually impaired when the stop is in a “mid-street platform system.”
13. Next Meeting
The meeting adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Theresa Legge for