ACAT Meeting - July 30, 2009
Agenda is not available for this meeting.
Please check the meeting minutes for meeting details.
- Susan Davidson
- Adam Cohoon
- Bill Castor
- Fadumo Dirie
- Richard Greco
- Heather Green
- Angela Marley
- Garnett Martin
- Marion McDonell
- Robert Muzzy
- Craig Nicol
- Sam Savona
- Valdo Tammark
- Howard Wax
- Anita Dressler
- Jessica Geboers
- Igor Samardzic
- Penny Lamy (ex-officio)
- Linda Napier
- Bill Frost
- Tom McPherson
- Kathy Dean
- Glenn Johnston
- Carla Basso
- Michelle Jones
- Evelyn Gartner
- Dean Milton
- Janet O’Sullivan
- Gary Webster
- Vince Rodo
- John Sepulis
- Rick Cornacchia
- Al Chocorlan
- TTC Commissioners
1. Call to Order / Attendance
2. Declaration of Conflict of Interest
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Review and Approval of June 25, 2009 Minutes
5. Business Arising Out of Minutes/Outstanding Items
Item I – Bus Destination Messages was assigned to the Communications Subcommittee. The Subcommittee is awaiting a draft protocol from Carla Basso in Marketing and Customer Service Department. Deferred to the September 2009 ACAT meeting.
Item II – Free Transit for Wheel-Trans Riders was deferred to the August 2009 ACAT meeting.
6. Deputations - None
7. AODA Legislation
Kathy Dean, Manager of TTC Training and Support Services Department, reviewed the presentation on the TTC’s proposal to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), Ontario Regulation 429/07.
The following recommendations were made by the members:
- Add a contact phone number for Wheel-Trans
- “Closing the loop” for customers submitting concerns and inquiries by internet
- Add Ride Guide, Easier Access on the TTC, and front line staff as methods of communication
- Consider the distribution of literature in Multilingual formats
- “Test driving” the AODA training on ACAT
- Offer the definition of a customer to include customers with disabilities in the opening and then omit “Customers with disabilities” throughout the document
- Develop guidelines for turnaround for accessing document requests
- Anticipate sources for the various formats for documents
8. Subcommittee Reports
Garnett Martin, Chair of the Design Review Subcommittee, said that the Subcommittee will be very busy with Transit City, LRT, Eglinton Crosstown LRT, AODA, Easier Access Phase III, and the Spadina Subway Expansion. The meeting minutes will be available for the August 2009 ACAT meeting.
Other issues under review are the Priority Seating signs on vehicles, the positioning of bus shelters limiting access, and the new Operator Shields.
9. Report back from Accessibility Advisory Committees Regional Forum – June 1
10. Internet Trip Planner
11. Other / New Business
Susan Davidson reminded the members that a request has been made to either have ACAT placed as an agenda item on Commission Meetings or to have a Commissioner attend ACAT meetings to ensure that Commissioners are apprised of ACAT activities. Bill Frost and Susan are to pursue a protocol for this item.
Robert Muzzy attempted to attend the Eglinton Crosstown LRT Public Meeting at Iondale Heights United Church on Wednesday but was unable due to lack of accessibility.
On motion of Sam Savona, ACAT, with the assistance of Bill Frost, will draft a letter to the Commission recommending that all future TTC public meetings be held at facilities that allow level entrance to the meeting or have person elevator access to the venue.
12. Next Meeting
The next meeting of ACAT will be held on Thursday, August 27, 2009, in the 7th Floor Boardroom, 1900 Yonge Street.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 3:10 p.m.