Transit Operator Recruitment
This role is ideal for you if you possess:
- Minimum one to two years of face-to-face customer service experience
- A non-probationary Ontario driver’s licence, Class “G” in good standing. Review our abstract requirements
- A Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its recognized equivalent. Review our education requirements
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public
- Experience with disability accommodation and accessibility requirements
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that includes various shifts (nights, split shifts, weekends and holidays)
- Large commercial vehicle driving experience is considered an asset
- Professional experience working with persons with disabilities is considered an asset
In return, the TTC offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including
- Healthcare and dental plans
- Group life insurance
- Pension plan
- In-house training and career development programs
- Tuition aid benefit plan
Before you apply online:
- Review Your Resume: Have a detailed resume ready to upload online. Your resume should include up-to-date information about your relevant skills and full work experience.
- Abstract: Review our Abstract Requirements to ensure you are eligible to apply. You do not need to submit an abstract with your application.
- Education: Review our Educational Requirements and ensure you have educational information ready (names and dates of diplomas/degrees/certificates).
Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Talent Management at (416) 393-4570 or email@example.com. Visit How to apply for step-by-step instructions on how to apply or to find a list of community agencies and employment service providers who can assist job seekers to become job ready.
Learn more about our Transit Operator Recruitment Process
Have questions about becoming a Transit Operator? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for answers.
Apply for the Transit Operator position (opens in a new window)