As part of the TTC’s commitment to provide accessible transit, construction began at Lansdowne Station in June 2019 (inside the station and in the Green P parking lot). Lansdowne Station is scheduled to become accessible at the end of 2022 with three new elevators.
Easier Access improvements include:
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station
- Three elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage and CCTV - security cameras along the accessible pathway
- New canopy over the station entrance
- Lansdowne Station will receive public art in accordance with the Public Art Policy
What to expect and work hours
- Most of the construction for the elevators is taking place in the Green P Carpark Lot 81 behind the Station’s Main Entrance (the parking lot is expected to reopen at the end of construction in Q4 2022).
- Construction vehicles/equipment will access the work zone from Lansdowne Ave during this time.
- Parking spots will be reduced however construction will be conducted in phases to keep the parking lot partially open for customer use. There will be no access to the Green P Carpark 81 from Lansdowne Avenue (this will be a construction vehicles access only). Access to the parking lot will be from St. Clarens Avenue lot entrance only.
- Protective construction hoarding will be in place.
- The entire parking lot will be repaved upon the completion of the project.
- The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some overnight and weekend work will be required during the course of this project in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
Transit, Pedestrian, Cycling and Vehicular Access
- Through-traffic and TTC bus access will be maintained on Lansdowne Avenue.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained – safe detours and signage will be in place.
- Bike parking will be temporarily removed (will be replaced where possible).
- Access to Lansdowne Station, stores and residential driveways, and parking near the work zone will be maintained.
In 2018, TTC held an open house to discuss construction plans with the community. A copy of the Open House presentation can be found here.
For further information:
Chris Joseph, Senior Community Liaison, Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-994-0923