Waterfront East LRT neighbourhood - survey work, utility and geotechnical investigations
November 16, 2020 to March 31, 2021
What we are doing and why
On November 16, 2020, crews will begin survey, utility and geotechnical investigations, including borehole drilling as part of the Waterfront East Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project to accommodate additional streetcar lines to the East Bayfront Area of Toronto’s Waterfront. The survey, utility and borehole work areas are located on both sides of Bay Street south of Front Street to Queens Quay Boulevard and on both sides of Queens Quay Boulevard from Bay Street to Yonge Street.
The work is anticipated to be completed March 31, 2021. The borehole locations are shown in red on the map. Future survey work will also be done for the Waterfront East LRT project on Front Street, Lakeshore Boulevard, Harbour Street, Queens Quay, Cherry Street and Parliament Street.
- Work at these locations is expected to begin November 16, 2020 and completed by March 31, 2021.
- Work is planned between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday with the potential for overnight and weekend work. Separate construction notices will be issued if weekend or overnight work is required.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to expect
- Temporary lane closures will occur during this work, please take extra care while travelling in the areas.
- Equipment and work trucks will be present on the roadway as crews move from one borehole to the next.
- Drilling crews will be at each borehole location for approximately two to three weeks, with occasional follow up visits to each location as required.
- You may experience noise and vibration related to drilling, hydro-vacuuming, and equipment use. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Temporary spray paint markings will be used in the road and on the sidewalks.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Christina Joseph, Senior Community Liaison, 416-994-0923, Christina.email@example.com.
162 Lawrence-Donway: Detour eastbound via The Donway W, Don Mills Rd and Lawrence Ave E due to construction.
Last updated 1:51 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service