Jane Station - bus roadway, platform and station improvements
May 8 to November 2019
What are we doing and why?
Starting Wednesday, May 8, TTC will begin work to rehabilitate some areas of Jane Station including sections of bus roadway and some interior finishes such as concrete floor repairs and terrazzo tiling. The majority of the work will be completed during daytime hours with the exception of activities that can only be conducted when the station is closed.
The entire bus roadway will not be closed at once; work will be completed in phases to allow buses to loop and use some portions of the station. As a result, some temporary changes to bus stop locations will be in effect – see TTC service.
What to expect during construction?
- To maintain customer safety during this work, protective fencing will be installed along work areas including in front of the main entrance and some areas of the customer platform.
- TTC’s contractor will excavate and replace sections of the existing bus roadway.
- Some work will occur inside of the station at night when the station is closed.
- Dust, noise and debris will be controlled as best as possible.
- The majority of the work outside of the station (ie. bus roadway) will be completed during the day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with some exceptions for safety. There is a cable shaft on the bus roadway that will be repaired at night when bus activity is less.
- Some work inside of the station (ie. floor and tile repairs) can only be completed overnight when the station is closed or when there is less customer traffic.
Access to the station and subway service will be maintained throughout construction.
Temporary changes to bus boarding locations:
- 35 Jane and 935 Jane Express will pick-up customers on Jane Street in front of the station, and drop-off customers at bus bay 1.
- 26 Dupont and 55 Warren Park buses will pick-up customers on Jane Street north of the station, and drop off customers at the north-west corner of Bloor and Jane.
- 26 Dupont and 55 Warren Park buses will also operate to Old Mill Station via Bloor Street West.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit infrastructure.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service