Greenwood Station Easier Access (elevator) project - preliminary investigative activities
Project description and purpose
The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible for everyone with the addition of new elevators.
Two elevators are planned at Greenwood Station (exact locations are to be determined). One elevator will go from street level to concourse, down to the eastbound platform. A second elevator will connect the concourse level to the westbound platform.
As a first step in the elevator design process, Greenwood Station and the local area will be surveyed. Station improvements construction is currently scheduled to begin in 2021.
Land surveying and related activitiesSurvey activities involve gathering accurate measurements of the area, which may include having contracted field staff in the vicinity placing surveying markers at property corners and elsewhere. During the course of survey activities, field staff will attempt to contact some building occupants directly should access be required to private property, such as backyards.
As a part of the TTC Easier Access (elevator) project, Enbridge Gas will excavate at four locations near Greenwood Station to confirm the condition of existing gas lines.
This work is expected to take up to a few days between the period of August 26 – September 7, 2019 and gas service interruption is not anticipated.
- During the first day of work, an Enbridge truck will be parked on Strathmore Blvd., north of the TTC Subway Station building - one lane will remain open for two-way traffic.
- On the second day of work, the truck will be parked on the southbound lane on Linnsmore Cres.
- A paid duty officer will be on site on both days to control traffic.
- Noise is to be expected during the excavation periods when the Enbridge trucks are in full operation. Noise will be kept to a minimum.
- Work is scheduled to be completed between 7a.m. and 3 p.m. on both days of construction, weather pending.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-885-9552; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service