Finch Station – West Commuter Lot Rehabilitation Project
Hendon Avenue Entrance Lanes reduced / Yonge Street Entrance Reopens (May 22 - June 15, 2018)
West Commuter Lot
Work to improve the Finch Station – West Commuter Lot for future customer use is progressing well. Here is an update on the next phase of work (May 22 to July 15, 2018):
- As early as May 22, 2018 the Finch West Commuter lot will be reconfigured (overnight) to accommodate a new stage of paving and related improvement works.
- During this time, the Hendon Avenue Entrance will be paved and lanes will be reduced in phases. At no point will the Hendon Avenue Entrance be completely closed.
- The Yonge Street Entrance will be reopened.
- Signage will be in place.
- The construction will temporarily reduce the number of commuter parking spaces available until the completion of the project in late summer, 2018.
The West Commuter Lot is under construction and work involves:
- Resurfacing the parking lots
- Improving the drainage systems
- Improving the lighting system, including the installation of LED energy efficient lights
- Increasing the number of accessible parking spaces
Parking lot payment method
Green P Pay & Display machines will be installed for the duration of construction to reduce queuing on Hendon Avenue during this time. The Green P pay and display machines will remain as the method of payment for the lot for future use.
Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Noise and vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service