Dovercourt Road north of Queen Street - TTC rebuilding an existing underground utility chamber
Early October to late November, 2019
What we are doing and why
Hastings Utilities Contracting has recently started work on Dovercourt Road just north of Queen Street to rebuild an existing underground TTC chamber, located near 127 Dovercourt Road. This state of good repair work will take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete. The chamber is part of a network in the city that provides access to electrical and communication cabling for TTC as well as for other utility companies.
Activities will include roadway excavation (approx. 3.3m x 4m) to expose the utility chamber, rebuilding the concrete chamber and restoring the roadway. Temporary road restoration will be made at completion of the work. Permanent road resurfacing will be completed by the TTC at a later date.
Work hours and timeline
- Work will take place Monday to Thursday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The work zone is set up on the east half of the roadway. The work zone will be cleared daily.
Traffic, parking and pedestrian details
- To maintain traffic movement through the work zone and to create a safe work zone, approximately 14 parking spaces have been displaced along the west side of the street.
- Temporary arrangements have been made with City Parking Authorities to allow parking along the south curb of Humbert Street for the duration of the project.
- To help manage traffic to safely move in both directions through work zone, a temporary signal system will be set-up/used at the work zone.
- Sidewalk access on both sides of the street will be maintained. The east sidewalk may be slightly narrowed.
- The work zone will remain sectioned/fenced off at the end of each work day.
Some equipment and materials will remain onsite overnight.
Thank you for your patience during this essential concrete maintenance work and for the resulting parking inconvenience.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison Officer, 416-393-2197, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service