College Station - overnight work
Weeknights from September 27 to October 8 - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
What we are doing and why?
As part of the construction activities to make College Station safer and accessible, overnight work activities are required to carry out work related to foundation/structural support.
What to expect
- From September 27 to October 8 (excluding weekends and pending weather), the contractor will be working on the west sidewalk to install structural supports for the new concourse at College Station.
- Work will include the removal of sidewalk segments, followed by the installation of micro-piles (structural supports) in the sidewalk.
- Equipment used will include:
- A smaller drill rig will be used with an air compressor to drive air through the drill rig.
- A mini excavator will be used for sidewalk removals.
- The trailer site located at 21 Granby Street will also be active overnight to provide washrooms and break rooms for the workers.
- Work hours will be from approximately 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following morning.
- Noise can be expected with this work. Noise will be monitored to be within the City noise by-law and efforts will be made to keep noise to a minimum as best as possible.
Work activities will take place on the west sidewalk, south of College Street. The west sidewalk will be closed to carry out this work. The east side of Yonge Street will remain accessible.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make College Station accessible.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison: 416-894-0869, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service