Church Street north of Shuter Street - underground utility chamber rebuild
Starting week of August 9 for approximately 8 weeks
What we are doing and why
TTC will be rebuilding an existing underground utility chamber on the west side of Church Street, just north of Shuter Street. The chamber is part of a network in the city that provides access to electrical and communication cabling for TTC, as well as for other utility companies.
Activities will include curb lane excavation to expose the utility chamber, rebuilding the concrete chamber and restoring the road. Some equipment and materials will remain onsite overnight.
In preparation for the work, some overnight activity is required to arrange/establish a safe work zone. Crews may mobilize during the overnight/morning of August 9.
Traffic, parking and pedestrian details
- Traffic will be maintained in each direction for the duration of the project.
- A southbound curb lane reduction through the work zone is required for safety.
- There may be some parking restrictions on Church Street approaching the work zone.
- The sidewalk adjacent to the work zone will remain accessible.
- All pedestrian crosswalks and private driveways will be maintained.
- The work zone will remain in place until the completion of the project.
Work hours and timeline
Work will take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Efforts will be made to complete the work sooner by working Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., as required.
There are no regular scheduled TTC routes operating on Church Street
Thank you for your patience during this essential work.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 647-461-5133; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service