Christie Station - Easier Access Project utility investigations
November 20, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Project description and purpose:
The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible for everyone with the addition of new elevators. As part of the design process, the surrounding area of Christie Station will be investigated for utilities with the help of test pits. This is a continuation of the work carried out this past August.
Work details and access:
- Two test pits will be carried out to determine the location of services buried underground.
- A work truck with an overhead boom will be parked on Christie Street to carry out this work.
- The tests will take place on November 20 from approximately 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (weather permitting).
- Pedestrian and vehicular traffic will be maintained during the investigation.
- Access to Christie Station and the bus stop will be maintained.
Noise and vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make Christie Station accessible.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service