Chester Station - station improvements
Scheduled for completion in 2021
For background information, please visit the project page.
Work description and purpose
As part of the TTC’s commitment to safety and modernization, Chester Station (on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth) will be getting a second exit/automatic entrance to improve customer safety and convenience. The TTC Board unanimously approved the Local Working Group’s recommended Second Exit location in the northwest corner of the Toronto Parking Authority lot (29 Chester Avenue). Second Exit/Entrance construction is scheduled for completion in 2021 The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible with the addition of new elevators (at the main entrance). To minimize the duration of overall construction, TTC will build the Chester Station Easier Access project at the same time as the Second Exit project. Elevators will be in service in 2020.
- Activities will include the excavation, shoring and concrete pouring.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
- Work hours are scheduled Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Some weekend work may be required at times. Some delivery of equipment and materials will take place after 7 p.m.
Pedestrian, Cycling and Vehicular Access
- Access to the main entrance of Chester Station will be maintained during construction.
- The pedestrian walkway north of the station will remain accessible as long as safely possible during construction.
- The Bike Share station north of the station will remain accessible as long as safely possible during construction.
- Vehicular traffic will be maintained on Chester Avenue.
- Two-way traffic on Arundel Avenue will be permitted up to the parking lot entrance only.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit accessibility and safety at Chester Station.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, email@example.com
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service