Bloor and Yonge area - survey work, utility and geotechnical investigations
June 21 to July 31, 2021
What we are doing and why
On June 1, 2020 crews began survey, utility and geotechnical investigations, including test pit drilling as part of the TTC’s Bloor-Yonge Capacity Improvements Project. The survey, utility, borehole and test pit work areas are located from north of Asquith Avenue to Hayden Street and from Church Street to Yonge Street.
The work will be continuing on June 26, 2021 with an anticipated completion of July 31, 2021. The new test pit areas are shown in red on the map.
- Work at these locations is expected to be completed by July 31, 2021.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work on Yonge Street and Asquith Avenue will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Work on Bloor Street East and West will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday to Sunday
Separate construction notices will be issued if/when required.
What to expect
- Temporary lane closures will occur during this work, please take extra care while travelling in the areas.
- Equipment and work trucks will be present on the roadway as crews move from one test pit to the next.
- Drilling crews will be at each test pit location for approximately two to three weeks, with occasional follow up visits to each location as required.
- You may experience noise and vibration related to drilling, hydro-vacuuming, and equipment use. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Temporary spray paint markings will be used in the road and on the sidewalks.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Theresa Buck, Construction Liaison Officer, 647-882-0137; email@example.com.
53 Steeles East: Major delays between Kennedy Rd and Tapscott Rd due to construction.
Last updated 5:44 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service