Current Connecting Toronto releases
TTC family mourns Tom Dedes
October 13, 2017
The tragic loss of our TTC colleague, Tom Dedes, who was just 50 years old, has cast a very dark shadow over the entire TTC team this week.
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO
October 6, 2017 - The implementation of PRESTO continues apace across the TTC.
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche
September 29, 2017 - This Saturday night sees the return of the ever popular Nuit Blanche and, once again, the TTC is adding all-night subway service to provide quick and easy access to the event.
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension
September 22, 2017 - There are now fewer than 90 days to go until we open the much anticipated Line 1 subway extension to Vaughan.
- TTC annual accessibility forum this Tuesday
September 18, 2017 - Next Tuesday (Sept. 19), the TTC will host its 10th Accessibility Forum in association with our colleagues from ACAT, the Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit.
- #ThisIsWhere … the TTC combats harassment
September 8, 2017 - This week (Sept. 6), the TTC launched a bold campaign and mobile app as part of its commitment to combat harassment in all its forms and enhance public safety while riding the TTC.
- Back-to-school means a busier TTC
September 1, 2017 - Summer days are drawing to a close and with that comes the annual return to work and school
- Final push for new fare gates, PRESTO at all TTC stations
August 25, 2017 - Starting this week, we will begin converting the remaining primary and automatic subway station entrances that still have turnstiles or “high gates” to the new, modern paddle-style gates that can already be seen over much of the TTC subway network.
- TTC Line 1 extension nears completion
August 18, 2017 - Earlier this week, I took TTC Chair Josh Colle on a tour of three of the new Line 1 subway extension stations that will open in December this year.
- PRESTO reliability up, new fare gates coming to all stations
August 11, 2017 - The rollout of PRESTO across the TTC continues to make good progress.
- Federal money helps keep the TTC on modernization track
August 4, 2017 - Earlier this week (Aug. 1), I joined Toronto Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle at our Hillcrest operating base to witness progress on construction of a new streetcar facility that includes rail bending capabilities.