News for February 2018
Reminder: Federal government change means transit pass tax credits are limited
February 28, 2018
The TTC is reminding customers that due to changes introduced by the Federal Government last year, transit pass tax credits are only applicable to Adult Metropasses for the first half of 2017.
- TTC celebrates opening of new Coxwell Station elevator tomorrow
February 28, 2018 - TTC Chair, Local Councillor, TTC CEO and ACAT Chair officially celebrate the completion of accessibility upgrades at Coxwell Station, the 44th fully accessible TTC subway station on March 1.
- TTC and CNIB bring community accessibility pilot to St Clair Station
February 26, 2018 - Starting today, TTC's St Clair Station will be part of an innovative CNIB/Rick Hansen Foundation program to enhance community accessibility for those with sight loss.
- TTC CEO Rick Leary’s letter to Toronto Ombudsman Susan Opler
February 23, 2018 - Re: Toronto Star Report – TTC investigating after video shows fare inspectors in altercation with teen.
- TTC March Metropass delights with art from Dundas West
February 23, 2018 - The TTC is rolling out another custom Metropass for March.
- Line 1 closure now Saturday only
February 23, 2018 - Tomorrow only, the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between St Clair and Sheppard-Yonge Stations will be closed, as Metrolinx crews continue construction on the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT, and the TTC takes advantage of this closure to complete track work.
- Part of Line 1 closed this weekend for Eglinton Crosstown construction and TTC work
February 20, 2018 - This weekend, Feb. 24-25, Metrolinx crews will continue construction on the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT, while the TTC takes advantage of this closure to perform track maintenance and asbestos removal in the vicinity, resulting in the closure of TTC's Line 1 Yonge-University between Sheppard-Yonge and St Clair stations.
- TTC's 505 Dundas and 506 Carlton routes will run with buses this year
February 16, 2018 - Starting this Sunday, Feb. 18 and throughout 2018, the TTC's 505 Dundas and 506 Carlton routes will be served by buses instead of streetcars.
- TTC Board and Audit & Risk Management Committee meetings next Thursday
February 8, 2018 - Both the TTC Board and its Audit and Risk Management Committee will meet next Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018 at City Hall.
- Part of TTC Line 1 closed this weekend for Eglinton Crosstown construction
February 7, 2018 - This weekend, Feb. 10-11, Metrolinx crews will continue construction on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT, requiring the TTC to close Line 1 Yonge-University between Lawrence and St Clair stations.
- Introducing The TTC Way, co-created by customers and employees
February 5, 2018 - The TTC is renewing its commitment to customers, employees and community partners with The TTC Way, a set of six objectives that will guide improved service.
- TTC service on Line 2 suspended for police investigation
February 2, 2018 - At approximately 5:30 a.m., TTC staff identified signal issues in the area of Royal York Station. It has been determined the issues were the result of an act of vandalism to TTC equipment.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.