News for November 2016
TTC track and signal work this weekend
November 30, 2016
This weekend, Dec. 3-4, will mark the final planned subway closures of 2016.
- New and improved TTC Shop has something for everyone
November 28, 2016 - The TTC is introducing a range of creative, transit-themed merchandise to its new online store that gives ‘taking the TTC home’ a whole new meaning.
- TTC Board to meet next Wednesday
November 25, 2016 - The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Wed., Nov. 30 at Toronto City Hall.
- Two men sentenced to jail in separate assaults on TTC employees
November 25, 2016 - Two men have been sentenced to jail in separate incidents for assaulting TTC employees.
- TTC track work on Line 3 this Saturday only
November 24, 2016 - This Saturday, Nov. 26 only, there will be no service on Line 3 Scarborough as TTC crews conduct necessary track and signal work.
- TTC Stuff-the-Bus drive set to collect new, unwrapped toys
November 22, 2016 - For the tenth year, TTC employees will hold their annual Stuff-the-Bus toy drive starting this weekend at participating Walmart stores across Toronto. This year, four TTC buses will be set up as drop-off stops for new, unwrapped toys, which will be donated to the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness.
- TTC driver assault nets 45 days in jail, probation
November 18, 2016 - 20-year-old woman was sentenced to 45 days in jail and one year probation for assaulting a TTC bus driver.
- TTC streetcars return to 512 St Clair ahead of schedule
November 18, 2016 - Streetcars will return to the 512 St Clair route this Sun., Nov. 20, six weeks ahead of schedule.
- Take the TTC to the Santa Claus Parade this weekend
November 18, 2016 - Santa Claus is coming to town! The Santa Claus Parade is this Sun., Nov., 20 and the TTC is the perfect way to welcome Santa back to Toronto while avoiding parking and traffic congestion.
- TTC Board special budget meeting November 21 - agenda online
November 17, 2016 - The TTC Board will hold a special budget meeting on Mon., Nov. 21 at Toronto City Hall
- TTC track work on Line 3 this Saturday only
November 16, 2016 - For the next two Saturdays only (Nov. 19 and 26), there will be no service on Line 3 Scarborough as TTC crews conduct necessary track and signal work.
- TTC’s annual Customer Town Hall moves online
November 14, 2016 - The 2016 TTC Customer Town Hall takes place online this Thursday, Nov. 17, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- TTC Signal work on Line 1 this weekend
November 10, 2016 - This weekend, Nov. 12-13, TTC crews will continue work on the new Automatic Train Control (ATC) signal system, requiring Line 1 Yonge-University to close between St George and Lawrence West stations.
- TTC vehicles to pause this Friday in remembrance of the fallen
November 9, 2016 - The TTC will honour Canada's fallen on Remembrance Day, November 11, by bringing all of its vehicles to a standstill for two minutes at 11 a.m.
- TTC recognized for Diversity and Inclusion program
November 4, 2016 - The TTC is proud to announce that its Diversity and Inclusion program was recently named “Best Diversity Program” by Canadian HR Reporter magazine.
- TTC service to Exhibition Place restricted until new year
November 3, 2016 - As the Royal Winter Fair gets underway tomorrow, the TTC is reminding customers that road closures within Exhibition Place are restricting TTC vehicles...
- TTC track work on Line 2 this weekend
November 2, 2016 - This weekend, Nov. 5-6, TTC crews will undertake track maintenance and repairs, requiring Line 2 Bloor-Danforth to close between Pape and St George stations.
- TTC’s 501 Queen to divert during Thursday’s PM rush hour
November 2, 2016 - Tomorrow, Nov. 3, Queen St. E. will be closed between Yonge and Bay Sts. for the HBC Annual Holiday Window Reveal.
- TTC’s Bathurst Station pays tribute to Honest Ed’s
November 1, 2016 - Today, Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle joined TTC staff and David Mirvish to reveal the overnight transformation of TTC’s Bathurst Station in the style of its most famous neighbour, iconic Toronto landmark Honest Ed’s.
Kennedy: Elevator out of service between South parking lot entrance and concourse until Spring 2019
Last updated Dec 21, 10:27 AM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.