Track work on Line 2 this weekend
May 4, 2016
Surface routes diverting for city events
This weekend, TTC crews will conduct track and signal work on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) between Bathurst and Jane Stations, requiring that portion of the subway to close. More than 45 articulated shuttle buses will operate, stopping only at subway stations along the route.
Wheel-Trans will be available for customers requiring an accessible connection. TTC staff will be available for assistance.
Maintaining subway infrastructure in a state-of-good-repair is critical to ensuring a safe, reliable transit system. While the TTC does much of its maintenance work on the subway at the conclusion of service each night, it requires weekend closures for larger projects, as one weekend of work during a subway closure equals about five weeks of nightly work.
This weekend’s closure is the second and final one planned for the western portion of Line 2 this year. By the end of this weekend, the TTC will have completed the following work:
- Installed 4,100 ft. of rail
- Installed 52 rail ties for a smoother ride
- Re-insulated 950 ft. of track
- Installed 600 plates between High Park and Keele stations to reduce vibration and noise from passing trains
- Upgraded track circuits between Lansdowne and Keele stations
- Replaced signal relays
- Installed platform tile at Lansdowne and Dundas West stations
The TTC thanks its customers for their patience during weekend closures.
Regular service resumes Monday morning at 6 a.m. The next scheduled subway closures are:
- Line 2: Pape to St George stations opening late – May 15
- Line 1 (Yonge-University): St Clair West to Downsview stations closure – May 28-29
- Line 2: Pape to St George stations closure – June 4
509 Harbourfront/510 Spadina
Throughout the next two weekends (May 6-8 and May 13-15) , the 509 Harbourfront and 510 Spadina
routes will divert from Friday at midnight until Sunday at 4 p.m. as TTC crews replace 6,000 ft. of fibre
optic cable along Queen’s Quay:
- 510 Spadina will turn back at Queen’s Quay Loop
- 509 Harbourfront will be replaced by a frequent shuttle bus service, running from the
intersection of Bay and Front Sts. to Exhibition Place
Many bus and streetcar routes will divert for shorter periods of time for events around the city this
weekend. For information on all upcoming diversions, visit the Service Advisories page. For the
most up-to-date information, subscribe to TTC e-Alerts or follow @TTCnotices on Twitter.
View all articles from May
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.