News for February 2016
TTC to conduct emergency simulation at Don Mills Station
February 26, 2016
The TTC will conduct an emergency simulation at Don Mills Station on Sun., Feb. 28
- Man gets 87 days in jail for threatening a TTC operator
February 25, 2016 - A man has been sent to jail for 87 days for brandishing a knife at a TTC subway operator
- TTC work to affect portion of Spadina streetcar
February 24, 2016 - The TTC will conduct overhead wire and electrical work inside the Spadina Station streetcar tunnel on Feb. 27-28
- Sixteenth new TTC streetcar enters service
February 19, 2016 - The TTC's newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4417, is entering service on the 510 Spadina route in time for this afternoon's rush hour
- TTC Board to meet next Thursday
February 18, 2016 - The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Thurs. Feb. 25
- 505 Dundas on diversion this weekend
February 18, 2016 - This weekend, Feb. 20-21, the 505 Dundas streetcar will be on diversion due to concrete work surrounding the streetcar tracks on Dundas St. W., at Beverley St.
- Three TTC bus routes to divert Feb. 19-21 due to bridge demolition
February 17, 2016 - This weekend, starting Fri., Feb. 19 at 9 p.m. until Sun., Feb. 21 at 10 p.m., Metrolinx will be demolishing the bridge on Eglinton Ave. W
- TTC recognizes employee excellence
February 17, 2016 - Last night, the TTC named its Employees of the Year at its first-ever Rewards and Recognition event
- More buses and better service on dozens of TTC routes
February 15, 2016 - The TTC is increasing service at peak times and improving service reliability on many bus routes
- TTC welcomes fans to NBA All-Star 2016
February 10, 2016 - TTC welcomes fans to NBA All-Star 2016
- VIBE Arts to showcase Children and Youth Groups Mural Project for NBA All-Star 2016
February 8, 2016 - 60 VIBE Arts basketball themed murals will be displayed at 31 subway stations across the system.
- TTC Audit and Risk Management committee meets Feb. 10
February 5, 2016 - The TTC’s next Audit and Risk Management Committee meeting is Feb. 10
- TTC 501/301 Queen on diversion this weekend
February 4, 2016 - This weekend, Feb. 6-7, the 501/301 Queen streetcar will be on diversion until 3 p.m. Sunday
- TTC unveils fourth annual Customer Charter
February 4, 2016 - The TTC today unveiled its 2016 Customer Charter with 35 time-bound commitments
- TTC's new and improved 2016 Ride Guides now available
February 2, 2016 - This week, the TTC releases a refreshed 2016 Ride Guide, Ride Guide Lite and a brand new wallet-sized Ride Guide 'mini.' Ride Guides and the new Ride Guide mini are available at all subway stations; the Ride Guide Lite is available on all buses, streetcars and subway trains.
- Fifteenth new TTC streetcar enters service
February 1, 2016 - The TTC’s newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4416, entered service on the 510 Spadina route
- Line 1 subway delay minutes down by 25%, TTC customer satisfaction all-time high of 81%
February 1, 2016 - Line 1 subway delay minutes down by 25%
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.