TTC service changes for TIFF
August 30, 2016
During the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival, the world-class film festival that is so beneficial to Toronto’s economic and culture sectors, the TTC will adjust streetcar service on King St. W. from Sept. 8-11 as Toronto welcomes the world to TIFF.
The 504 King streetcar will be split into two sections, with an east and west portion. Buses that normally run during morning and evening peak times will also divert around the festival. Three streetcar stops on King St. W. between University and Spadina Aves. will not be serviced.
Routes will operate as follows:
> 504 King streetcar
- From the west – streetcars will travel from Dundas West Station along King St. and turn back via Spadina Ave., Adelaide St. and Charlotte St.
- From the east – streetcars will travel from Broadview Station along King St. and turn back via Church, Wellington and York Sts.
> 504 King supplemental buses will travel as follows:
- Eastbound – along King St. and diverting via Spadina Ave., Adelaide St. and University Ave. to route.
- Westbound – along King St. and diverting via University Ave., Richmond St. and Spadina Ave.
> 514 Cherry and 304 King night streetcars will travel as follows:
- Eastbound – along King St. and diverting via Spadina Ave., Queen St. and Church St.
- Westbound – along King St. and diverting via York St., Queen St. and Spadina Ave.
> 304 King bus bridge from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. along King St. and turning back as follows:
- West – via University Ave., Richmond St., Spadina Ave. and Adelaide St. W. to route.
- East – via Parliament St., Front St. and Sherbourne St. to route.
Customer service staff will be positioned at key locations to assist and provide information about their transit options.
In addition, to ensure customers are aware of changes to their routes, the TTC and City of Toronto are communicating through a number of channels. As well as web-based communications and social media channels, paid advertising and notices will be distributed along King St. Station signage detailing the transit service changes is in place at King, Queen, St Andrew, Osgoode, Union, Broadview, Dundas West and Spadina subway stations.
Public address announcements will begin this Friday, and advertisements are running on platform video screens and station information screens.
View all articles from August
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.