News for November 2013
TTC to close portion of Bloor-Danforth subway for weekend track work
November 27, 2013
The Toronto Transit Commission will be conducting track work on a portion of the Bloor-Danforth line on Sat., Nov. 30 and Sun., Dec. 1.
- TTC streetcars return to Bathurst St.
November 22, 2013 - On Sun., Nov. 24, TTC streetcars will return to the 511 Bathurst route
- Wheel-Trans Public Consultation Meetings
November 21, 2013 - Wheel-Trans Public Consultation Meetings
- Subway service restricted this weekend for second platform construction at Union Station
November 21, 2013 - Construction for the second platform at Union Station will result in no subway service between Union and St Andrew stations
- TTC Board approves 2014 budgets
November 20, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission board approved the TTC’s 2014 operating and Wheel-Trans budgets, and its 2014-2023 ten-year capital budget, as well as a five-cent fare increase effective Jan. 1, 2014 to the cost of a token. The Board also increased the cost of the adult Metropass by one trip. Cash fares remain unchanged.
- TTC Harvey Shop open house to benefit the United Way
November 19, 2013 - We are holding an open house at our historic Harvey Shop facility on Saturday, November 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All proceeds from the open house will go to the United Way. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for children.
- Board meeting resumes November 20th at TTC head office
November 19, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission board meeting agenda of November 18 will be completed at a public meeting on November 20 at 1:00 p.m. at the TTC’s head office.
- TTC Stuff-the-Buses to collect new, unwrapped toys
November 18, 2013 - On Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1, TTC employees will be holding the annual Stuff-the-Bus Toy Drive
- Public meeting on TTC second exit planning process
November 15, 2013 - Public meeting on TTC second exit planning process
- Take the TTC and welcome Santa back to Toronto
November 14, 2013 - The Santa Claus parade is this Sunday, November 17
- TTC holds Customer Town Hall on November 21
November 14, 2013 - The TTC will hold its next Customer Town Hall on Thursday, November 21
- TTC Welcomes its 29 Billionth Customer
November 13, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission today officially welcomed its 29 billionth customer since the TTC was established in 1921
- Canadian war vets and peacekeepers ride the TTC for free on Remembrance Day
November 8, 2013 - On Monday, November 11, Remembrance Day, decorated Canadian war and peacekeeping veterans can ride the TTC for free.
- TTC’s Pape Station elevators now in operation
November 7, 2013 - TTC’s Pape Station elevators now in operation
- TTC to close portion of Bloor-Danforth subway for weekend track work
November 6, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be conducting track work once again on a section of the Bloor-Danforth line
- TTC Yorkdale Commuter Parking Lot To Close Temporarily
November 5, 2013 - Yorkdale Commuter Parking To Close January 2014.
Line 1 Yonge-University: No service between Finch and St Clair due to work on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and ATC signal system project. Shuttle buses are running.
Last updated Jan 23, 1:46 PM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.