The City of Toronto’s Fair Pass Discount Program
The Fair Pass Discount Program is a City of Toronto poverty reduction initiative to help make public transit more affordable for low-income Toronto residents. Eligible adult residents who are living in the City of Toronto; receiving Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW) assistance, or Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy; and, have a PRESTO card that is not currently used for the Fair Pass Transit Discount Program can apply for the discount.
The Fair Pass discount is programmed onto a PRESTO card and cardholders must load funds to access the discounted TTC adult fare or TTC monthly pass.
Toronto residents can apply online at www.toronto.ca/transitdiscount or by phone at 416-338-8888, or 1-888-465-4478 (toll free)
- the PRESTO card is not transferable and is intended for the approved Fair Pass discount cardholder only
- the minimum amount that can be loaded onto your PRESTO card in-person at a Shoppers Drug Mart location or at the TTC Customer Service Centre, is $0.05. Loading money online can take up to 24 hours for funds to be available to use. PRESTO cards can be loaded at a Fare Vending Machine or Self-Serve Reload Machine at all TTC stations, at all Shoppers Drug Mart locations and at the TTC’s Customer Service Centre above Davisville Station
- the Fair Pass discount is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance; the funds on the PRESTO card will not expire
- if you have questions about eligibility or when your Fair Pass discount will expire, call the City of Toronto’s Application and Support Centre at 416-338-8888 (select option 6)
- if you are experiencing technical issues with your PRESTO card or want to transfer your balance to a new card, call the PRESTO Contact Centre at 1-877-378-6123