COVID-19 update: Sixth employee tests positive4/1/20 8:48 PM
Late last night (March 31), the TTC became aware of a sixth employee who had tested positive for COVID-19. He’s a Collector from Danforth Division who is currently self-isolating at his home and experiencing mild symptoms.
The Collector last reported to work at Jane Station on March 19 and subsequently tested positive on March 31. Toronto Public Health has advised the TTC that no workplace exposures were realized and that there’s no risk to any co-workers or customers.
Going forward the TTC will continue to report information about positive diagnosis and publish the information on an update page on the TTC website at this link: http://www.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/Safety_and_Security/Case_update.jsp. What’s most important is that upon a positive diagnosis TTC staff from the Safety and Environment Department immediately engages Toronto Public Health to jointly investigate and determine next steps.
Important reminder: Safety notices advise employees with concerns about their personal health to contact their family doctor or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000. Toronto Public Health has also set up a Coronavirus hotline that provides the public with a place to get information, ask questions about this virus and connect with a health professional at 416-338-7600.
Thank you to everyone for all your efforts and understanding. Please stay safe and well.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 update: positive test at Danforth Division.
Face coverings and riding the TTC during a pandemic.
Chien, Galli, Gomes, Haigh, Henry, Hope, Kwast, Longo, Staite, Strange.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- COVID-19 update: Another employee tests positive, 08/04/2020
- COVID-19 priority testing now available to frontline TTC employees showing symptoms, 07/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Seventh employee tests positive, 05/04/2020
- Safety Notice #15: COVID-19 Update, 02/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Sixth employee tests positive, 01/04/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 31/03/2020
- Child care for essential workers includes TTC, 30/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 26/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 20/03/2020
- Use of masks while working, 18/03/2020